09 October 2012

Taiwan's Birthday

Tomorrow is Taiwan's Birthday.  10/10 day or October 10th.   There is no work or school today but no special festivities either.  It is a good reason to be quiet and rest for a day which is exactly what I need right now.

I asked my Chinese teacher was she was planning to do tomorrow and she said, "help my kids study for their test."  The students here work so hard and literally go to school from sun up to sun down.   The students I teach for three hours come to me straight from morning school and often stay after my class for another Chinese tutorial class until their parents can pick them up!  Though beneficial to learn a foreign language at an early age by going attending two schools in one day and even Saturday school kids still need time to be kids.   Tomorrow, I hope the kids of Taiwan can run around in parks, get out of the city, be silly and maybe even scarp a knee or two.

I hope I can be still.

"You keep him in perfect peace who mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. " Isaiah 26: 3
"Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10




No comments:

Post a Comment