30 December 2012

The Holiday Season

Here's a little collage of the holidays in Taipei. 



      
A Holiday Chocolate Buffet in a nearby hotel with a great view of Taipei 101 with classmates Tina, Beth, Sarah and Tom.

Getting ready to eat some chocolate with Beth, Tina and Sarah.  

Pancake Dinner at my apartment with some classmates.  Chocolate Buffet w/Tina

Hello Kitty water bottle for a parched throat after eating so much chocolate.
                                                       
   

My students sing Christmas carols in front of our building to the people walking past.
Christmas morning I decided to sleep in a little and go to the second half of class.   Here are my classmates enjoying some Christmas Cheesecake and candy corn (thanks to Mom's care package).  



After class, I went to the post office to pick up Mom's and Dad's package of love.  Good timing.  My roommate, Diki, and I opened it together while enjoying a sweet Pecan roll, coffee and Mint flavored peeps.  :)  Thanks, Mom and Dad!!



Some days in December can be extremely cold and rainy and then out of the blue comes one or two days of wonderful sunny weather.  Christmas day was on the of the wonderful sunny ones so I decided to keep the Dick family tradition alive and run/bike to the zoo.  It was beautiful and so nice to be doing something outside at a relaxed pace.  Here's a picture of my old friend, the Taiwanese bear.  

After the zoo run, I went with my classmates to Steven's house to use his oven, watch his TV and spend time together.  We baked some veggies, duck and Yorkshire pudding.  We had muffins and cake for desert and played Jungle Speed and the Ukuleles a little.   Since it was such a nice night I was able to ride my bike without a chill and returned home for some late night skyping with the family.  




 




 Merry Christmas, everyone!  Hope it was full of people you love and people that love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment