14 August 2013

My Sunny, Sweaty Summer


With June came the new wave of heat and the new summer class changes.  Change is good but it was a bit sad to say good bye to my babies!  I've enjoyed teaching them this year and planned a play trip to the park for our last day. 
Good bye, Saturday class! Have a good summer!
Uno and Ice Cream
Have a good summer Benjamin and Dora!




Meet the new students!  I will be teaching the Starter class in July, only 4 students.   They will be able to identify all the sounds of the alphabet, short vowels, rhyming words and classroom language. 
Yuting and Emma! 
The infamous Jeff playing dress up and pretending to be a bird. 



Teacher Angela's class sporting their shades!

Teaching full time makes it hard to keep up with all of my language exchanges.  I study Chinese on my own when I can.  One of my favorite things is to hit up a coffee shop after work or on a Sunday afternoon!
One of my favorite things to do here! 


Every other Wednesday, I get to hang out with wise and godly women who share their life stories with each other, talk about relationships and pray for each other.
My women's group.  Love them :)  

Delicious snacks at Women's Group



Just discovered these.  Say wha?!? AMAZING...

Nothing better on a sweaty, summer night than stopping by the Night market for some mango shaved ice or shaved ice with chewy balls and tapioca, taro, beans, etc.
Choose your toppings

More yummy and interesting toppings

Enjoying my ice cream! 


Jingmei Night Market near my house
I love that there are white orchids growing from this tree. 

I love the chengrish 

Let's do!  : ) 
Summer means lots of iced coffee.  A purchase gets me a sticker.  Enough stickers gets me a prize like a pen or a plate or a mug.  Sometimes, I find myself coveting the "prize" and wanting it so badly that I start asking all my friends and co-workers for their stickers.  Sometimes, it feels like a race.  When it gets to this point, I have to laugh because it's all pretty ridiculous, but sooo fun.
Family Mart sticker coupon book



Tiff and some poutine celebrating Canada Day! 

Roomie, Ana, and Wulai's coolest Cat! 

Seriously, we love this cat






No comments:

Post a Comment