13 April 2013

Puppetville


Semester one with my little babies is complete.  I've seen progress and learned more about myself.  That's one of the things I truly love about teaching as a profession.  To make it work, to really be effective you must reflect.  The reflextive partitioner is the successful one.  What went well?  What didn't?  Why did I really get angry?  How could I have presented the material in a clearer way?  When did I facilitate learning and when did I try to just control everybody and get it done quickly?



Every year I more clearly see my need for patience and calmness.  I learn from my students, from my self and the other teachers around me.   I am grateful that I am not the same teacher I was my first year.  I am grateful that I am still learning how do my job better.

Anyways, there is a three week break between first and second semester filled with winter camp. This years winter camp theme was "Puppetville."  We made mini me puppets, learned about puppet history, wrote our own play, performed and just tried to have fun and become more confidence speakers.  The kids were great, very funny and gave puppets a try!


Side note: Trying to teach Taiwanese students about the art of ventriloquism with no experience or knowledge outside of youtube videos was one of the most awkward moments of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment